Friday, May 27, 2011

Franchisee Profile: Jim and Kathy Keyser, Philly Pretzel Factory Franchisees of Chalfont, PA

Location: 205 E Butler Ave
Chalfont, PA 18914-3107

View Larger Map
Q: What were you doing before you got started in franchising?
A: I started in sales about 25 years ago. I worked in software sales and even a startup internet company. Eventually, I became the division president for a financial services company and then later the COO.

Q: How did you learn about Philly Pretzel Factory?
A: I learned about the brand as a customer! We’re a big pretzel family. The last two years I had been thinking about starting my own business. I learned about my location through one of my doctor’s patients who happened to be the owner at the time.

Q: How did you validate the brand prior to joining the system?
A: I looked at other pretzel company’s a little bit and I got to see some of the competitors. I asked around in my community about Philly Pretzel Factory and found that the brand had a very positive reputation. I even tried doing internet searches to see if I could find some negative press, but I couldn’t find one thing. After interviewing the franchisees, and seeing that they were all so happy, it solidified the decision in my mind.

Q: Why was Philly Pretzel Factory a good fit for you?
A: Being a franchisee is not a financial decision, it is more about the quality of life. It’s about setting priorities and doing the things that are important, like enjoying my life and spending time with my family. I also like the more physical aspect of the job as opposed to working behind a desk. Philly Pretzel Factory is a good fit because I really like the variety of product, the excellent franchise structure and the thorough training.

ABOUT PHILLY PRETZEL FACTORY
Philly Pretzel Factory was founded in 1998 by college buddies Dan DiZio and Len Lehman who created a recipe unique to Philly, yet desired in any market. Today, the award-winning pretzel feeds customers at more than 100 franchised locations, primarily in the Northeast. For more information on Philly Pretzel Factory, visit www.phillypretzelfactory.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics